Autore Topic: Hi Friends!  (Letto 12518 volte)

brynn

• Mostra profilo
    • Inkscape Community
Hi Friends!
« il: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 02:33:24 am »
Hi Friends,
I've been participating at InkscapeForum.com for....well, almost 5 years now, almost since it was created.  From there, I've met spaventapasseri and RM.  And possibly marydonata?

I would call myself an intermediate Inkscape user (not beginner, not advanced).  I tend to prefer drawing realistic images, but try to expand my skills as an artist.....although I hesitate to call myself an artist, I suppose anyone who creates original images could be called an artist.

I registered soon after you installed the translation feature.  Alas, I speak, read, write, only English.  I thought I would provide a little feedback about this feature, because it is an interesting experience using it. 

When I click on any link, I first see the page in Italian, and wait sometimes maybe 5 seconds, then the page reloads in English.  While I appreciate being able to read the forum, it's a bit laborious.  Many times I still can't understand a message, even though the words are English.  I suspect it might be because of misspellings (words aren't spelled right) that they aren't translated properly.  Or maybe it has something to do with grammar?  I'm hoping that you'll have a little bit of what I experience, if you use the translation feature to read this message, so you can understand what I mean.  Although I tend to fix spelling problems before posting, so maybe you won't notice any problems?

(I'm somewhat familiar with these SMF forum softwares.  It's possible that there is a forum mod for translation, which might work better than the Google one.  I don't know, but there might be?  I do know that SMF has some of the best security and spam control mods available.  So when the time comes that the spammers find this forum, I can recommend some of the mods.)

So I've visited off and on, since registering, but I only just now saw your "Competitions" subforum.  For some reason, it's not translated, even though all the other subforums' titles are translated.  It says "Confrontiamoci on ..."  So I had not looked at it yet.

Now that I've seen it, I'm inspired and excited to participate.  (There is a similar subforum on the English Inkscape forum.)  Will it be ok to post an image in an older topic.  For example, the last one in the index is Draw Your Breakfast.  May I post images to old ones like that?

I look forward to meeting and getting to know you all here!

All best  :)
brynn

PS - The message Preview has no formatting.  I've typed in several paragraphs, but they all run together in the Preview.  I'm not sure why.  We'll see what happens when I post the message.

brynn

• Mostra profilo
    • Inkscape Community
Re:Hi Friends!
« Risposta #1 il: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 02:36:42 am »
I'm not sure what the problem is.  The message as I see it has no formatting, even though I typed in several paragraphs.  When I refresh the page, it suddenly becomes formatted as I typed it, and stays that way until the page is fully loaded, then it suddenly gets compressed again.

I think I have all the necessary scripts allowed.....I'll do some troubleshooting.

d4rkheart

• Mostra profilo
« Risposta #2 il: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 02:37:37 am »
hey, Brynn...welcomeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I'm sure that you remember my nickname.
You're welcome here :)
« Ultima modifica: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 02:39:43 am da d4rkheart »

brynn

• Mostra profilo
    • Inkscape Community
« Risposta #3 il: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 02:41:29 am »
Oh yes, I do remember you d4rkheart.  I did not realize you were a member here too.

This formatting problem is not just my messages.  None of the messages I read have formatting.  Just all compressed together.

Still not sure if the problem is on my end though -- still troubleshooting  :)

d4rkheart

• Mostra profilo
« Risposta #4 il: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 02:45:03 am »
can i know which browser are you using now?
and can you post here a screenshot? i would like know how you see this formatting on your browser, thank
« Ultima modifica: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 02:47:50 am da d4rkheart »

brynn

• Mostra profilo
    • Inkscape Community
« Risposta #5 il: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 02:48:47 am »
Oh sorry.  I'm using the current version of Firefox and still learning how to use it.  I recently switched from IE.  Often when the formatting is not present, it indicates a script is either missing, or missing permission.  But I haven't found any clues yet.

spaventapasseri

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #6 il: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 02:53:29 am »
Hello Brynn and welcome  welcomeeee I think I know your problem. If you are using the english translation for some reason ( I don t have a clue) the text formatting in a random(most all words together)
The best is using the translator just for read in your own language-->switch again in italian and reply to the post.
I know is pretty annoying but unfortunately there are not better Mod at the moment

brynn

• Mostra profilo
    • Inkscape Community
« Risposta #7 il: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 02:57:50 am »
Will my message be translated, even if I have turned it off?
« Ultima modifica: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 03:12:42 am da brynn »

d4rkheart

• Mostra profilo
« Risposta #8 il: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 03:05:11 am »
Brynn, see this screenshots:
you see this formatting

i don't use google translator and i see

« Ultima modifica: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 03:20:21 am da d4rkheart »

spaventapasseri

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #9 il: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 03:07:24 am »
So my message will be translated, even if I have turned it off?
you can write in your language please read this topic

http://inkscapeforum.it/international-section/a-question-about-language-use/

but you can use the translate just for read the topic, after that put again italian and reply in your language

brynn

• Mostra profilo
    • Inkscape Community
« Risposta #10 il: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 03:21:14 am »
Just to be clear -- You're saying that I can post in English, and the Italian users can use the Google translation to read it?

Example of the strange translation:
I wrote "So my message will be translated, even if I turn it off?"

It was translated "I know my message will be transleted, even if I turn it off?"

I can live with the formatting problems  :)  I think they must be intermittent, because when I was reading the forum in the past, all formatting was seen then.

PS - In an edit (modification) I'm going to turn off the translator, because my example above did not exactly work.
« Ultima modifica: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 03:23:49 am da brynn »

spaventapasseri

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #11 il: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 03:26:53 am »
Just to be clear -- You're saying that I can post in English, and the Italian users can use the Google translation to read it?
yes that`s right,  if somebody has problem with the english , me or Marina or somebody can help no  problem. Just feel free to use your own language  ;)

brynn

• Mostra profilo
    • Inkscape Community
« Risposta #12 il: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 03:28:42 am »
Ok, I understand  :)

This is without translator.

Are you spaventapasseri and d4rkheart actually writing in English, in this topic?  Because I turned off the translator, but can still read your messages.

I think that when you write in English, the translator somehow has some effect on it.  Let me see if I can manage to show you one of your replies, with and without the translation.  I'll make screenshots, and be back soon  :)

spaventapasseri

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #13 il: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 03:39:12 am »

Are you spaventapasseri and d4rkheart actually writing in English, in this topic? 
yes we are

brynn

• Mostra profilo
    • Inkscape Community
« Risposta #14 il: 28 Febbraio, 2012, 03:40:10 am »
Ok, this one is what I see with translator:

And this is what I see with translator turned off:

You can see that some words get mixed up with the translator.  I did not draw circles and arrows, but you can see for yourself, if you look closely.

I might do some research, and maybe help you try to find a better one, if you don't mind?

* shoutbox

Refresh History
  • La shoutbox non e' per supporto,per favore aprite un post per quello.Grazie
  • bobol: Vedrai quanti pollicioni ci saranno in futuro
    01 Marzo, 2024, 06:49:17 am
  • vect: ...Non ho fretta,...aspetto che vi vengano i pollicioni e la testa quadrata (per contenere più cervello)...
    01 Marzo, 2024, 12:56:22 pm
  • bobol: ice
    02 Marzo, 2024, 00:02:16 am
  • vect: ...Al momento...Calma piatta..
    07 Marzo, 2024, 14:31:01 pm
  • vect: ...Oggi piove, domani pure...intanto mi aspetta un pasta patate e provola...poi si vedrà... tetyr fdfe
    09 Marzo, 2024, 12:41:10 pm
  • bobol: shaopp
    09 Marzo, 2024, 19:43:59 pm
  • vect: ...Bravo... :clapping:
    10 Marzo, 2024, 21:17:55 pm
  • bobol: A chi e per cosa?
    11 Marzo, 2024, 10:38:11 am
  • bobol: Comunque mi associo  :clapping: bravo
    11 Marzo, 2024, 10:39:31 am
  • vect: Era per te...come combattente antispam...
    11 Marzo, 2024, 15:17:37 pm
  • bobol: jay
    11 Marzo, 2024, 23:02:16 pm
  • vect: ...Stiamo diventando troppo autoreferenziali... chapeau
    18 Marzo, 2024, 12:11:47 pm
  • bobol: Dici che esageriamo?
    18 Marzo, 2024, 13:20:53 pm
  • vect: ...Nooo! esagerati mai ma...un poco autoreferenziali Sì...
    19 Marzo, 2024, 12:22:25 pm
  • bobol: Stasera mi cimento in una scala a chiocciola........vediamo se riesco a tirare fu9ri qualcosa di presentabile
    21 Marzo, 2024, 19:35:36 pm
  • vect: ...Abnegazione totale...tipo "Lo sguardo oltre l'ostacolo"...
    22 Marzo, 2024, 06:07:47 am
  • bobol: scgg
    22 Marzo, 2024, 06:55:45 am
  • vect: ...Vedo che procede...a piccoli passi ma...la chiocciola procede...
    26 Marzo, 2024, 08:54:25 am
  • bobol: Si...quella modellata procede molto a rilento, ma in officina sono più "concreti" e l'hanno già tirata su  soccer
    27 Marzo, 2024, 07:05:05 am
  • bobol: Lo tengo come semplice ed utile esercizio, e cercherò comunque di portarla a termine....rimanete sintonizzati  reading
    27 Marzo, 2024, 07:07:24 am
Licenza Creative Commons
Quest'opera è distribuita con Licenza Creative Commons Attribuzione - Non commerciale - Condividi allo stesso modo 3.0 Italia.