Autore Topic: The Greys: alieni tra noi! The Greys: aliens between us!  (Letto 128507 volte)

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
Re:The Greys: alieni tra noi! The Greys: aliens between us!
« Risposta #90 il: 18 Aprile, 2013, 09:11:15 am »
Sam, our French translator, has just sent me his 100th Greys translation! What makes this achievement even more amazing is that they all include the Easter Eggs and commentary.

We haven't posted them all online yet, but you can keep track of all our translations via our Google spreadsheet - it would be great to get some more entries in the Italian column ;)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq_Bv_DvQyIjdHlPMGZNUHRfYUxsdzByUXl4ZGlnRnc&usp=sharing

Marina

• Global Moderator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #91 il: 18 Aprile, 2013, 13:59:22 pm »
Thank you, Mark, for this post. In this period I am improving my English, so I will try to translate  some Greys strips.
I apologize for my silence, but I had a mental block with the language, after my trip in London. I thought that my English was bad and I was not able to write and speak in English.
Now I am doing some hangouts in English via Google+ and I am following some courses in Coursera, so I think I am able to write in a good English, and to translate in Italian.
« Ultima modifica: 18 Aprile, 2013, 14:01:14 pm da Marina »

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
« Risposta #92 il: 19 Aprile, 2013, 19:03:55 pm »
Marina, I'm sorry to hear about your mental block - I thought your English was very good when I met you in London. (Certainly a lot better than my Italian!) It's easy to get a bit disheartened after being exposed to so many native speakers, as it can make it feel like you're a long way from being fluent. But do keep going and you'll get more comfortable with it in time.

As for the comics, of course we would love to have some more translations from you. As usual, though, there's no pressure - just do whatever you feel like, when you want to.

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
« Risposta #93 il: 03 Maggio, 2013, 11:12:07 am »
We've received a box of books ready for sale on Saturday. If any UK readers are in or near Aylesbury (Bucks), then do drop into Friar's Square on Saturday 4th May for Free Comic Book Day to say hello (and preferably to buy one of our nice new comic books, but that's not a requirement).

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
« Risposta #94 il: 18 Gennaio, 2014, 12:42:23 pm »
I've just put another French translation from Sam on our site, which finally means that there are over 100 of our strips online in French, with more still to post!

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
« Risposta #95 il: 10 Settembre, 2014, 08:51:30 am »
Things may have appeared quiet on the Greys front, but we have been busy behind the scenes...

First, we've been continuing to create our 'Elvie' strip for Linux Voice magazine. A few of those are now on our website, with the source files in our Github repository.

Secondly, we've been catching up with our backlog of French translations. We now have all of Season 2 translated - in addition to all of S1, S3 & S4 and most of S5. Huge thanks to Sam, our French translator, for the amazing amount of work he's done!

Finally, we were having trouble keeping up towards the end of Season 5, so some strips went online without Easter Eggs and SVG files. This has now been rectified, so all 139 Greys strips on our site have Inkscape SVG files you can download, each of which contains at least one Easter Egg.

We've started work on Season 6 now, but the struggles of S5 have shown that we can't continue to hit a fortnightly deadline - not if we want to keep the standards up and continue to produce ever more elaborate Easter Eggs. So S6 strips will be posted on an "as they're ready" basis, rather than a strict time scale.

One final thing: we're going to have a table at Oggcamp in Oxford (UK) on 4th & 5th October. It's a "Free Culture unconference", featuring Free Software, Free Culture works, open hardware, 3D printing, and a few Creative Commons comics ;)

spaventapasseri

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #96 il: 10 Settembre, 2014, 11:15:04 am »
Hello my friend , thanks a lot for the updates, and I `m glad to hear that you will be at Oggcamp, I don` t promise but I will try to come

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
« Risposta #97 il: 26 Settembre, 2014, 15:29:08 pm »
I've just posted Sam's final Season 5 French translation to our website. Meaning that, of our 139 Greys comics, he has managed to translate 138 of them, complete with commentaries and Easter Eggs! An incredible achievement for just one man in his spare time, and we can't thank him enough.

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
« Risposta #98 il: 28 Settembre, 2014, 18:25:07 pm »
Now that we have a complete set of French translations for Season 1 & 2, I'm putting together "version 2.0" of our CD-ROM, with a plan to launch it at OggCamp next weekend. If anyone feels like creating a quick Italian translation for one of the missing S1 or S2 strips in the next few days, then I'd be happy to accept it. You can see the current state of all the translations here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq_Bv_DvQyIjdHlPMGZNUHRfYUxsdzByUXl4ZGlnRnc&usp=sharing

* shoutbox

Refresh History
  • La shoutbox non e' per supporto,per favore aprite un post per quello.Grazie
  • bobol: Vedrai quanti pollicioni ci saranno in futuro
    01 Marzo, 2024, 06:49:17 am
  • vect: ...Non ho fretta,...aspetto che vi vengano i pollicioni e la testa quadrata (per contenere più cervello)...
    01 Marzo, 2024, 12:56:22 pm
  • bobol: ice
    02 Marzo, 2024, 00:02:16 am
  • vect: ...Al momento...Calma piatta..
    07 Marzo, 2024, 14:31:01 pm
  • vect: ...Oggi piove, domani pure...intanto mi aspetta un pasta patate e provola...poi si vedrà... tetyr fdfe
    09 Marzo, 2024, 12:41:10 pm
  • bobol: shaopp
    09 Marzo, 2024, 19:43:59 pm
  • vect: ...Bravo... :clapping:
    10 Marzo, 2024, 21:17:55 pm
  • bobol: A chi e per cosa?
    11 Marzo, 2024, 10:38:11 am
  • bobol: Comunque mi associo  :clapping: bravo
    11 Marzo, 2024, 10:39:31 am
  • vect: Era per te...come combattente antispam...
    11 Marzo, 2024, 15:17:37 pm
  • bobol: jay
    11 Marzo, 2024, 23:02:16 pm
  • vect: ...Stiamo diventando troppo autoreferenziali... chapeau
    18 Marzo, 2024, 12:11:47 pm
  • bobol: Dici che esageriamo?
    18 Marzo, 2024, 13:20:53 pm
  • vect: ...Nooo! esagerati mai ma...un poco autoreferenziali Sì...
    19 Marzo, 2024, 12:22:25 pm
  • bobol: Stasera mi cimento in una scala a chiocciola........vediamo se riesco a tirare fu9ri qualcosa di presentabile
    21 Marzo, 2024, 19:35:36 pm
  • vect: ...Abnegazione totale...tipo "Lo sguardo oltre l'ostacolo"...
    22 Marzo, 2024, 06:07:47 am
  • bobol: scgg
    22 Marzo, 2024, 06:55:45 am
  • vect: ...Vedo che procede...a piccoli passi ma...la chiocciola procede...
    26 Marzo, 2024, 08:54:25 am
  • bobol: Si...quella modellata procede molto a rilento, ma in officina sono più "concreti" e l'hanno già tirata su  soccer
    27 Marzo, 2024, 07:05:05 am
  • bobol: Lo tengo come semplice ed utile esercizio, e cercherò comunque di portarla a termine....rimanete sintonizzati  reading
    27 Marzo, 2024, 07:07:24 am
Licenza Creative Commons
Quest'opera è distribuita con Licenza Creative Commons Attribuzione - Non commerciale - Condividi allo stesso modo 3.0 Italia.