Autore Topic: The Greys: alieni tra noi! The Greys: aliens between us!  (Letto 128484 volte)

Marina

• Global Moderator
    • Mostra profilo
The Greys: alieni tra noi! The Greys: aliens between us!
« il: 16 Marzo, 2011, 14:33:48 pm »

Apro questo topic dedicato ai fumetti The Greys, creati da Mark e Vince, due appassionati di disegno e Linux. Il loro blog è questo: http://www.peppertop.com/greys/
The Greys , letteralmente I grigi in italiano, sono gli alieni di Roswell, quelli con la testa allungata. Da noi non hanno un nome particolare, mentre nel mondo anglosassone si chiamano così, the greys.
The Greys sono sì alieni, ma con dei vizi molto terrestri. Nel primo fumetto vogliono farsi notare, e invece di fare le solite cose da alieni, vogliono far credere di essere addirittura lo Jety.
Un po' alla volta tradurrò le strisce di The Greys, che saranno postate nel blog di Mark e Vince e qui, nel nostro forum.

English translation: I open this topic dedicated to the comics The Greys, created by Mark and Vince, two cartoon and Linux fans.  The link of their blog is: http://www.peppertop.com/greys/
The Greys are the Roswell aliens, the ones with long heads. In Italy they haven't any particolar noun, but in the english speaking world they are called The Greys.
The Greys are aliens, but they have many terrestrial habits. In the first comic they wish to be noticed, and instead to do usual alien stuff, they want us to believe they are the Jety!
A few at a time, I'll translate the strips The Greys, that will be posted in Mark and Vince's blog and here, in our forum.
« Ultima modifica: 21 Aprile, 2011, 04:51:37 am da spaventapasseri »

spaventapasseri

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
Re: The Greys: alieni tra noi! The Greys: aliens between us!
« Risposta #1 il: 16 Marzo, 2011, 16:41:30 pm »
I saw only 5 strips at the moment. Marina can you write which strips are you planning to translate?
You can write just the  name and  on progress.

Like this we don` t duplicate the translation.What do you think?

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
« Risposta #2 il: 16 Marzo, 2011, 16:55:33 pm »
I am Mark, one of the creators of the comic, and I'll be visiting this forum from time to time to answer any questions about our work.

I want to clarify that all of our comic strips are 100% made using Inskcape. As proud Inkscape users we also make our SVG files available for you to download for personal use. So if you see something in a comic and want to know how we achieved the effect, you can download the file and take a look (or just ask me here).

Many thanks to Marina for her offer to translate some comics, I'm looking forward to seeing our work spread across the world  yeah

OpenCode

• Spassionatamente scemo!
    • Mostra profilo
    • Profilo personale
« Risposta #3 il: 16 Marzo, 2011, 17:07:36 pm »
I am Mark, one of the creators of the comic, and I'll be visiting this forum from time to time to answer any questions about our work.

I want to clarify that all of our comic strips are 100% made using Inskcape. As proud Inkscape users we also make our SVG files available for you to download for personal use. So if you see something in a comic and want to know how we achieved the effect, you can download the file and take a look (or just ask me here).

Many thanks to Marina for her offer to translate some comics, I'm looking forward to seeing our work spread across the world  yeah

I flattred you work....i clicked on flattr button on your site....good works....:-)

spaventapasseri

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #4 il: 16 Marzo, 2011, 17:08:49 pm »
Hi Mark no hassle, I will check your Svg as well because the comics are looks great.
I would like to translate some of them as well. Don` t worry we keep the Opensource mentality in all world and of course we can help each other with your own initiative.

Marina

• Global Moderator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #5 il: 16 Marzo, 2011, 17:09:42 pm »
Nel sito ci sono tutti i fumetti, basta cliccare sulla categoria comics. In effetti anch'io non li trovavo, poi ho capito come fare: http://www.peppertop.com/greys/category/comics/.

In the site there are every comic, you have to click the cathegory comics. Me too, I can't find it, then I understood what to do: http://www.peppertop.com/greys/category/comics/

Marina

• Global Moderator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #6 il: 16 Marzo, 2011, 17:14:00 pm »
I sent an email to Mark, I will start from the first  of the first season, so the story  will be clearer.

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
« Risposta #7 il: 16 Marzo, 2011, 18:27:29 pm »
I would like to translate some of them as well.

I'll send you an email with some more details.

If anyone is having trouble finding the comics, try this:

1) Go to www.peppertop.com - this will always show the most recent comic just underneath our header image
2) Below the comic there are a few buttons. You can use the "Previous" button to step backwards through our comics, or the "Random" button to jump to a random comic.
3) If you want to start from the beginning, click the small "First" button at the left. You can then use the "Next" button to step through them in order.

We post a new comic every two weeks (and sometimes more), so you can just visit www.peppertop.com occasionally to see the latest work.

I flattred you work....i clicked on flattr button on your site....good works....:-)

Thank you, it's really appreciated  :D

Marina

• Global Moderator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #8 il: 16 Marzo, 2011, 18:41:43 pm »
I saw the buttons, it's the better way to find the comics.

spaventapasseri

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #9 il: 16 Marzo, 2011, 20:27:54 pm »
These comics are so hilarious and very professional.

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
« Risposta #10 il: 17 Marzo, 2011, 23:04:36 pm »
I've set up a spreadsheet on Google Docs to keep track of the translations, and spaventapasseri suggested I should post it here. Anyone can view it, to see what progress is being made:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Aq_Bv_DvQyIjdHlPMGZNUHRfYUxsdzByUXl4ZGlnRnc&hl=en

If anyone else is interested in translating any of our comics please get in touch. I can then send you some notes and guidelines to help, and grant you permission to edit the spreadsheet so that you can indicate which comic you're working on. It would be great to fill out a few more cells in the document.

spaventapasseri

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #11 il: 19 Marzo, 2011, 06:38:26 am »
Just started with the last one.
A small question who is Shatner?
 The Greys`s member confederations? aliennnn

spaventapasseri

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #12 il: 19 Marzo, 2011, 15:25:32 pm »
Hello Mark, how we can translate in this case?? (see attachment)
I can do a new path but the style looks different as yours has 326 nodes.
Have you vectorised, I guess the current one? Let me know
« Ultima modifica: 24 Marzo, 2011, 13:15:31 pm da spaventapasseri »

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
« Risposta #13 il: 20 Marzo, 2011, 18:30:05 pm »
Just started with the last one.
A small question who is Shatner?
 The Greys`s member confederations? aliennnn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Shatner

(Captain Kirk from "Star Trek")

Hello Mark, how we can translate in this case?? (see attachment)
I can do a new path but the style looks different as yours has 326 nodes.
Have you vectorised, I guess the current one? Let me know

Vince drew this comic, and I hadn't realised he'd converted that text into part of the path. I would suggest that either you delete the nodes that make up the text from the path (leaving that section solid) and lay new text over the top, or you let me have the translation for that text and the SVG file of the other changes, and I can sort it out for you.

If it helps with the translation, the text is a reference to the 2008 X-Files film:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_X-Files:_I_Want_to_Believe

IMDB.com lists the Italian title for the film as "X-Files - Voglio crederci"

I hope that helps. Perhaps in future it would be better to email me with any questions like this. That way we can keep this thread for the finished translations, and it will be easier to discuss the "secret" Easter Eggs without spoiling the surprise for anyone who wants to search for them.

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
« Risposta #14 il: 22 Marzo, 2011, 18:40:44 pm »
Here we have the first of Marina's translations, "Yeti Scarponi":

She was also kind enough to translate the commentary that we wrote to go with the strip. You can find both this translated commentary and a link to download the Inkscape SVG file for the translated comic by clicking here.

If anyone wants to read the original English version of the comic or commentary, you can find them by clicking this link.

* shoutbox

Refresh History
  • La shoutbox non e' per supporto,per favore aprite un post per quello.Grazie
  • bobol: Vedrai quanti pollicioni ci saranno in futuro
    01 Marzo, 2024, 06:49:17 am
  • vect: ...Non ho fretta,...aspetto che vi vengano i pollicioni e la testa quadrata (per contenere più cervello)...
    01 Marzo, 2024, 12:56:22 pm
  • bobol: ice
    02 Marzo, 2024, 00:02:16 am
  • vect: ...Al momento...Calma piatta..
    07 Marzo, 2024, 14:31:01 pm
  • vect: ...Oggi piove, domani pure...intanto mi aspetta un pasta patate e provola...poi si vedrà... tetyr fdfe
    09 Marzo, 2024, 12:41:10 pm
  • bobol: shaopp
    09 Marzo, 2024, 19:43:59 pm
  • vect: ...Bravo... :clapping:
    10 Marzo, 2024, 21:17:55 pm
  • bobol: A chi e per cosa?
    11 Marzo, 2024, 10:38:11 am
  • bobol: Comunque mi associo  :clapping: bravo
    11 Marzo, 2024, 10:39:31 am
  • vect: Era per te...come combattente antispam...
    11 Marzo, 2024, 15:17:37 pm
  • bobol: jay
    11 Marzo, 2024, 23:02:16 pm
  • vect: ...Stiamo diventando troppo autoreferenziali... chapeau
    18 Marzo, 2024, 12:11:47 pm
  • bobol: Dici che esageriamo?
    18 Marzo, 2024, 13:20:53 pm
  • vect: ...Nooo! esagerati mai ma...un poco autoreferenziali Sì...
    19 Marzo, 2024, 12:22:25 pm
  • bobol: Stasera mi cimento in una scala a chiocciola........vediamo se riesco a tirare fu9ri qualcosa di presentabile
    21 Marzo, 2024, 19:35:36 pm
  • vect: ...Abnegazione totale...tipo "Lo sguardo oltre l'ostacolo"...
    22 Marzo, 2024, 06:07:47 am
  • bobol: scgg
    22 Marzo, 2024, 06:55:45 am
  • vect: ...Vedo che procede...a piccoli passi ma...la chiocciola procede...
    26 Marzo, 2024, 08:54:25 am
  • bobol: Si...quella modellata procede molto a rilento, ma in officina sono più "concreti" e l'hanno già tirata su  soccer
    27 Marzo, 2024, 07:05:05 am
  • bobol: Lo tengo come semplice ed utile esercizio, e cercherò comunque di portarla a termine....rimanete sintonizzati  reading
    27 Marzo, 2024, 07:07:24 am
Licenza Creative Commons
Quest'opera è distribuita con Licenza Creative Commons Attribuzione - Non commerciale - Condividi allo stesso modo 3.0 Italia.