inkscapeforum.it > Presentazioni

Hi Friends!

(1/5) > >>

brynn:
Hi Friends,
I've been participating at InkscapeForum.com for....well, almost 5 years now, almost since it was created.  From there, I've met spaventapasseri and RM.  And possibly marydonata?

I would call myself an intermediate Inkscape user (not beginner, not advanced).  I tend to prefer drawing realistic images, but try to expand my skills as an artist.....although I hesitate to call myself an artist, I suppose anyone who creates original images could be called an artist.

I registered soon after you installed the translation feature.  Alas, I speak, read, write, only English.  I thought I would provide a little feedback about this feature, because it is an interesting experience using it. 

When I click on any link, I first see the page in Italian, and wait sometimes maybe 5 seconds, then the page reloads in English.  While I appreciate being able to read the forum, it's a bit laborious.  Many times I still can't understand a message, even though the words are English.  I suspect it might be because of misspellings (words aren't spelled right) that they aren't translated properly.  Or maybe it has something to do with grammar?  I'm hoping that you'll have a little bit of what I experience, if you use the translation feature to read this message, so you can understand what I mean.  Although I tend to fix spelling problems before posting, so maybe you won't notice any problems?

(I'm somewhat familiar with these SMF forum softwares.  It's possible that there is a forum mod for translation, which might work better than the Google one.  I don't know, but there might be?  I do know that SMF has some of the best security and spam control mods available.  So when the time comes that the spammers find this forum, I can recommend some of the mods.)

So I've visited off and on, since registering, but I only just now saw your "Competitions" subforum.  For some reason, it's not translated, even though all the other subforums' titles are translated.  It says "Confrontiamoci on ..."  So I had not looked at it yet.

Now that I've seen it, I'm inspired and excited to participate.  (There is a similar subforum on the English Inkscape forum.)  Will it be ok to post an image in an older topic.  For example, the last one in the index is Draw Your Breakfast.  May I post images to old ones like that?

I look forward to meeting and getting to know you all here!

All best  :)
brynn

PS - The message Preview has no formatting.  I've typed in several paragraphs, but they all run together in the Preview.  I'm not sure why.  We'll see what happens when I post the message.

brynn:
I'm not sure what the problem is.  The message as I see it has no formatting, even though I typed in several paragraphs.  When I refresh the page, it suddenly becomes formatted as I typed it, and stays that way until the page is fully loaded, then it suddenly gets compressed again.

I think I have all the necessary scripts allowed.....I'll do some troubleshooting.

d4rkheart:
hey, Brynn...welcomeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I'm sure that you remember my nickname.
You're welcome here :)

brynn:
Oh yes, I do remember you d4rkheart.  I did not realize you were a member here too.

This formatting problem is not just my messages.  None of the messages I read have formatting.  Just all compressed together.

Still not sure if the problem is on my end though -- still troubleshooting  :)

d4rkheart:
can i know which browser are you using now?
and can you post here a screenshot? i would like know how you see this formatting on your browser, thank

Navigazione

[0] Indice dei post

[#] Pagina successiva

Vai alla versione completa