Autore Topic: The Greys: alieni tra noi! The Greys: aliens between us!  (Letto 128485 volte)

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
Re:The Greys: alieni tra noi! The Greys: aliens between us!
« Risposta #75 il: 06 Gennaio, 2012, 09:06:37 am »
No more Italian translations at the moment (but if anyone is interested in creating one, just get in touch), but as this is the international section of the forum, I thought I'd mention that we do now have several of our comics translated into French:

http://www.peppertop.com/greys/category/translations/french/

The English strips are still being posted every two weeks, but we've now also got a weekly comic strip that appears in our local newspaper. It's called "Monsters, Inked" and is hand drawn on paper, then traced, coloured and lettered using Inkscape:

http://www.peppertop.com/monsters/

spaventapasseri

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #76 il: 09 Gennaio, 2012, 08:47:51 am »
No more Italian translations at the moment (but if anyone is interested in creating one, just get in touch), but as this is the international section of the forum, I thought I'd mention that we do now have several of our comics translated into French:
I know at the moment we stopped with the translations but hoping to starting again fews. Uaow in French language, cool. The Greys are more internationals right now  sunglasses

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
« Risposta #77 il: 09 Gennaio, 2012, 23:22:15 pm »
The Greys are more internationals right now  sunglasses

Even more international than you might think - I've recently received a load of Indonesian translations that I'm working my way through to get in a good state to post online  :D

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
« Risposta #78 il: 11 Gennaio, 2012, 22:38:00 pm »
I just thought I'd share a little story with you...

This evening Vince, my colleague in these comics, came round to my house to work on "Monsters, Inked". He told me he'd bumped into Gina, a girl he knew from college many years ago and sees around town from time to time. She's from an Italian family; her grandparents moved to the UK many years ago.

She proceeded to explain how she was enjoying reading The Greys in both English and Italian. She then went on to say that her grandmother was also reading them, in Italian, and although she didn't understand all the jokes she very much appreciated the fact that the comics were even available for her to read.

So I'm passing on their thanks to Marina, OpenCode and Spaventapasseri - you've made an old Italian grandmother (and her grand-daughter) very happy  clap

spaventapasseri

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #79 il: 12 Gennaio, 2012, 00:58:51 am »
It was a pleasure for me hopefully start again soon, thanks Mark.

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
« Risposta #80 il: 24 Gennaio, 2012, 09:11:31 am »
True to his word, spaventapasseri has sent us another Italian translation  :D

You can download the Inkscape SVG file by clicking here.

You can find our original English version by clicking here.

In other translation news, we've received a good collection of French and Indonesian translations, which we've been posting two or three times a week. Between them and our Italian collection, we wanted to draw more attention to the great work our translators are doing so...

* We've added some more obvious links in our sidebar
* We plan to post an article about the translations in the next day or two
* The text that accompanies our "Monsters, Inked" comic in the local newspaper will focus on our Greys translations

As always, if anyone is interested in helping with the Italian translations - or with any other language - please email us at greys@peppertop.com

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
« Risposta #81 il: 26 Gennaio, 2012, 09:25:41 am »
As promised, we have posted a short article about our translations.

It includes a link to a Google spreadsheet which shows the current state of all our translations, so if you want to see exactly which strips have been translated into Italian (or French, Indonesian or Spanish) you can now get all that information in one place.

spaventapasseri

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #82 il: 26 Gennaio, 2012, 10:21:35 am »
thanks Mark appreciate your article ;)

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
« Risposta #83 il: 12 Marzo, 2012, 08:44:53 am »
Time for a little update on the translations fro "The Greys":

* We're near the end of our third year, with over 80 comics posted
* 22 of them are available in Italian (thank you :D  )
* Another 22 are available in French
* There are 16 in Indonesian
* There is only 1 in Spanish
* We've just received our first comic in Russian :D

I have more French and Indonesian translations in my queue to post - the figures above are just those that are online right now. I don't really expect to get many more Russian translations, as the guy who did it is only interested in the "Stargate" series, and doesn't want to translate any others. But it's still another language to add to our growing collection.

As always, if anyone is interested in translating any of our comics then please get in touch.

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
« Risposta #84 il: 13 Maggio, 2012, 16:10:03 pm »
Another update: We've just started our fourth season of The Greys - that's over 85 comics so far! Our French translations have now overtaken Italian in number - we have French translations for every single comic strip (plus the commentaries plus the Easter Eggs) for Season 1, and several for Season 3. You can find out the state of all our translations from our Google spreadsheet.

We already make all our Greys comics available as Inkscape files to download, but I decided to do something a little more to encourage people to use Inkscape. I'm using the experience I've gained through creating our comics over the past three years to write an Inkscape tutorial series for Full Circle Magazine. It's a Ubuntu Linux magazine, but the Inkscape tutorial mostly applies to Windows and Mac versions as well.

The first article - an introduction to the SVG format - is in Full Circle Magazine Issue 60.

spaventapasseri

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #85 il: 18 Maggio, 2012, 05:49:38 am »
Mark well done and congratulation for the new  tumblr blog.

http://thegreyscomic.tumblr.com/

I saw France beat Italy in translation :) but Samuel is very good indeed.
 He has a very strong attitude , keep going friends.

aliennnn ;) aliennnn

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
« Risposta #86 il: 17 Agosto, 2012, 09:19:01 am »
Another new language to add to our collection of translations - Brazilian Portuguese:

http://www.peppertop.com/greys/category/translations/brazilian_portuguese/

Only one strip has been translated so far, but there is promise of more to come. These are being translated by a group of High School students for an exhibition on "Culture and free licenses".

XavUK

• Mostra profilo
    • The Greys
« Risposta #87 il: 25 Ottobre, 2012, 09:06:30 am »
It's with great satisfaction that I'm posting this link to our latest comic, as it's a bit of a landmark for us: we're now into triple digits! Yes, this is our 100th Greys comic!!!  :o

To celebrate, we've also included a hand-drawn sketch and a bonus strip. Our translators have been extremely supportive, as ever, so that we are able to post this simultaneously in English, French, Indonesian, Italian  ;) and Russian!

Thursday 25th October, 2012 - our 100th strip: "Centenary Correspondence"

And that's not just 100 comics. That's 100 comics, complete with Inkscape SVG source files to download, each with at least one Easter Egg hidden away in it somewhere (which are often whole extra strips). It's thousands of hours of work, and quite a lot of storage space and bandwidth. Our hosting charges have more than quadrupled since we started, so if you've been enjoying our work then please do consider making a small donation or buying a CD.

spaventapasseri

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #88 il: 25 Ottobre, 2012, 11:44:47 am »
Big well done my friend keep going, we want more and more strips , happybirthday  aliennnn The Greys  aliennnn clapping clapping ,as forum I`m delighted to be part of this project , thanks for your effort , it`s really appreciated your job with Inkscape, and also deeper laughing with the comics   :D.

RM.

• Mostra profilo
    • patreon
« Risposta #89 il: 04 Novembre, 2012, 22:40:08 pm »
Congrats. Now counting.. -900   ;D

* shoutbox

Refresh History
  • La shoutbox non e' per supporto,per favore aprite un post per quello.Grazie
  • bobol: Vedrai quanti pollicioni ci saranno in futuro
    01 Marzo, 2024, 06:49:17 am
  • vect: ...Non ho fretta,...aspetto che vi vengano i pollicioni e la testa quadrata (per contenere più cervello)...
    01 Marzo, 2024, 12:56:22 pm
  • bobol: ice
    02 Marzo, 2024, 00:02:16 am
  • vect: ...Al momento...Calma piatta..
    07 Marzo, 2024, 14:31:01 pm
  • vect: ...Oggi piove, domani pure...intanto mi aspetta un pasta patate e provola...poi si vedrà... tetyr fdfe
    09 Marzo, 2024, 12:41:10 pm
  • bobol: shaopp
    09 Marzo, 2024, 19:43:59 pm
  • vect: ...Bravo... :clapping:
    10 Marzo, 2024, 21:17:55 pm
  • bobol: A chi e per cosa?
    11 Marzo, 2024, 10:38:11 am
  • bobol: Comunque mi associo  :clapping: bravo
    11 Marzo, 2024, 10:39:31 am
  • vect: Era per te...come combattente antispam...
    11 Marzo, 2024, 15:17:37 pm
  • bobol: jay
    11 Marzo, 2024, 23:02:16 pm
  • vect: ...Stiamo diventando troppo autoreferenziali... chapeau
    18 Marzo, 2024, 12:11:47 pm
  • bobol: Dici che esageriamo?
    18 Marzo, 2024, 13:20:53 pm
  • vect: ...Nooo! esagerati mai ma...un poco autoreferenziali Sì...
    19 Marzo, 2024, 12:22:25 pm
  • bobol: Stasera mi cimento in una scala a chiocciola........vediamo se riesco a tirare fu9ri qualcosa di presentabile
    21 Marzo, 2024, 19:35:36 pm
  • vect: ...Abnegazione totale...tipo "Lo sguardo oltre l'ostacolo"...
    22 Marzo, 2024, 06:07:47 am
  • bobol: scgg
    22 Marzo, 2024, 06:55:45 am
  • vect: ...Vedo che procede...a piccoli passi ma...la chiocciola procede...
    26 Marzo, 2024, 08:54:25 am
  • bobol: Si...quella modellata procede molto a rilento, ma in officina sono più "concreti" e l'hanno già tirata su  soccer
    27 Marzo, 2024, 07:05:05 am
  • bobol: Lo tengo come semplice ed utile esercizio, e cercherò comunque di portarla a termine....rimanete sintonizzati  reading
    27 Marzo, 2024, 07:07:24 am
Licenza Creative Commons
Quest'opera è distribuita con Licenza Creative Commons Attribuzione - Non commerciale - Condividi allo stesso modo 3.0 Italia.